Set up your business

Sole trader? Business partnership? Private or Public Limited Company?

Review your set up options and decide what’s best for you and your business.

Have you thought about how you should structure your business?

Maybe you want to become a Sole Trader or enter a Business Partnership? Perhaps a Private or Public Limited Company is more suited to your needs?  It’s time to review your set up options and decide what’s best for you and your business. There are several arrangements to chose from, so find out more about them here.

Start a Social Enterprise

The aim of Social Enterprises is to address social issues and improve the quality of life for individuals and communities. This is a well-established and diverse sector in Northern Ireland and the Social Enterprise economy creates opportunities and training for people who are often marginalised in society.

Ards and North Down Borough is home to a number of successful social enterprises that help to provide employment for local people and improve the environment. Find out how to set up your own Social Enterprise here.

Get help to develop your socially oriented business

The Ards and North Down Social Entrepreneurship Programme (ANDSEP) is designed to help social entrepreneurs start a business and encourage existing social enterprises to grow. Its aim is to help social enterprises create additional employment and maximise their positive impact on society.

Register Your Business

To form a company in Northern Ireland you must register with Companies House and provide specific information. To find out more visit here.

Whether you are starting off as self-employed or plan to employ people, registration with HMRC will help manage your taxes and employer responsibilities. Visit HMRC new business registration here.