Employer Led Upskilling Programme (Small Grant Scheme) - reopening 8th December
The aim of Ards and North Down Labour Market Partnership is to help improve employability outcomes and labour market conditions locally. The Labour Market Partnership is offering a Small Grant Scheme to local businesses in the Ards and North Down Council area to support industry-related training.
The scheme is offering a small grant of up to a maximum of £500 per employee for a maximum of 4 employees per business, to businesses based in Ards and North Down Borough who are interested in providing a workplace training initiative for their employees. The small grant scheme is available for businesses that employ one or more employee(s) excluding the business owner, with the aim of improving employment opportunities by offering entry level positions or upskilling opportunities as a result of training. This programme is not available to the public sector.
Why should you take part?
- Obtain training for your staff/employees at no cost or lower cost* to your business.
- Offer training opportunities to your staff and employees to upskill and enhance their employability.
- Provide Industry Specific Training at a time and date that suits your business.
- Support the growth of your business by investing in your staff.
- Provide training for your staff to progress in their career and therefore create entry level positions.
*Subject to the terms and conditions of this initiative i.e. £500 per employee for a maximum of 4 employees per business.
Criteria for funding – Please read Carefully
Grants will only be offered on a first come, first served basis to companies who meet the criteria with preference given to those businesses that have not previously been in receipt of a grant through the Industry Related Training Bursary Small Grant Scheme. Businesses should employ one or more employee and will apply on behalf of employees. Owners cannot avail of the training grants.
- Training should be easily obtained by the individual or employer on receipt of a letter of offer for funding.
- Applicants shall agree to source a local provider from the Ards and North Down Borough Council area. Regional charitable providers can also be used. Should provision not be available in the Ards and North Down area a suitable provider could be sourced from outside the borough council area.
- Two like for like quotes must be provided for each training initiative. If a local provider cannot be sourced, please provide quotes from companies outside of the borough. Emails from training providers and screen shots from relevant training providers' websites are acceptable and should be provided when submitting your application. Failure to provide the required number of quotes will result in the application being rejected.
- Evidence of quotes should be sent to email@example.com at the time of submitting your application. Please include business name in the subject of the email.
- Applicants shall agree to complete an evaluation form on successful completion of scheme and be prepared to report on programme outcomes 12 weeks post completion.
- Applicants must submit receipts for payment on completion of the initiative via a Grant Claim Form. Payments will be made retrospectively.
- Participants must be employed in the Ards and North Down Borough Council area.
- Applicants must provide full details of proposed initiative and include ALL costs.
- Applicants must include VAT registration details. Payments to those who are VAT registered will be made exclusive of VAT, if not VAT registered payments will be made inclusive of VAT.
- One Application Form may be made per business / owner / employer including subsidiaries of the business and can propose more than one employee but not more than 4.
- The total cost does not exceed £500 per participant.
- If you have received current funding from the scheme that opened on 10 November and closed on 27 November, you are ineligible to apply again.
The following will not be considered for funding: membership fees, beauty treatments, teambuilding events, taxi, transport costs or other costs not associated with this grant and deemed ineligible by the Labour Market Partnership.
8 December 2023 - Employer Led Upskilling Programme will open for applications.
Application Forms and supporting evidence submitted by 4pm on Friday 5 January 2024.
Any application or evidence submitted after the deadline will not be considered by the LMP and the application will be rejected. Due to funding limits, grants will only be offered (on a first come, first served basis) to companies who meet the criteria and that have not been in receipt of a bursary from the Industry Related Training Bursary Scheme previously.
Letter of Offer issued following assessment- week commencing 8 January 2024.
Successful applicants will be issued a Letter of Offer and a supplier details form.
Acceptance form and supplier form need to be returned promptly to speed up your payment process once the training has been completed and costs submitted for consideration. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Subsidy Control Form that must be returned with required documentation.
Please do NOT incur expenses for activities until you have received written approval that funding has been granted to your organisation as it will be deemed ineligible.
Friday 1 March 2024 – The Grant Claim Form and all invoices and evidence in relation to the approved and completed initiatives should be returned as soon as possible upon completion of the activity, and no later than this date, accompanied by receipts, invoices and bank statements for the full amount claimed.
We anticipate to agree payment for your financial support payment within 14 days, subject to all relevant financial evidence having been provided.
Should the invoice(s) exceed the amount agreed in the Letter of Offer, only the amount stipulated in the Letter of Offer will be paid, subject to satisfactory assessment of the said invoice(s). Late invoices received after the closing date will not be paid.
For Queries Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The online application form will be available here when the scheme reopens on 8th December 2023.