The Traineeship programme will be delivered by the six regional colleges of Further Education with support for work based learning being provided by local employers.
The Traineeship programme will allow you to achieve a full Level 2 qualification, and will include the following key elements:
- a main knowledge based qualification in the chosen occupational area
- vocational skills development
- transversal and digital skills
- work placement
- lead to a Traineeship certificate plus qualifications equivalent to 5 GCSEs including Maths and English Grades A* to C
- additional qualifications deemed necessary for work within a sector for example Health and Safety, CSR, manual handling
If you successfully complete the traineeship, you will receive a full Traineeship certificate plus other qualifications equivalent to five GCSEs at grades A* to C (including English and Mathematics qualifications at level 2).
The Traineeship will usually take two years to complete on a full time basis.