The following restrictions will come into place on Friday 16 October 2020:
- Closure of the hospitality sector apart from deliveries and takeaways for food, with the existing closing time of 11.00pm remaining.
- Other takeaway premises will be brought in line with hospitality with a closing time of 11.00pm;
- Close contact services such as hairdressers and beauticians are not permitted to open, apart from those relating to the continuation of essential health interventions and therapeutics.
- Gyms may remain open but for individual training only with local enforcement in place;
- Off licenses and supermarkets will not sell alcohol after 8.00pm;
Other restrictions include:
- Bubbling to be limited to a maximum of 10 people from two households;
- No overnight stays in a private home unless in a bubble;
- No indoor sport of any kind or organised contact sport involving household mixing other than at elite level;
- No mass events involving more than 15 people (except for allowed outdoor sporting events where the relevant number for that will continue to apply);
- Funerals to be limited to 25 people with no pre- or post-funeral gatherings;
- Wedding ceremonies and civil partnerships to be limited to 25 people with no receptions. This will be implemented on Monday 19 October.
Read the full Executive Announcement