The following restrictions will come into place on Friday 16 October 2020:
- Closure of the hospitality sector apart from deliveries and takeaways for food, with the existing closing time of 11.00pm remaining.
- Other takeaway premises will be brought in line with hospitality with a closing time of 11.00pm;
- Close contact services such as hairdressers and beauticians are not permitted to open, apart from those relating to the continuation of essential health interventions and therapeutics.
- Gyms may remain open but for individual training only with local enforcement in place;
- Off licenses and supermarkets will not sell alcohol after 8.00pm;
Other restrictions include:
- Bubbling to be limited to a maximum of 10 people from two households;
- No overnight stays in a private home unless in a bubble;
- No indoor sport of any kind or organised contact sport involving household mixing other than at elite level;
- No mass events involving more than 15 people (except for allowed outdoor sporting events where the relevant number for that will continue to apply);
- Funerals to be limited to 25 people with no pre- or post-funeral gatherings;
- Wedding ceremonies and civil partnerships to be limited to 25 people with no receptions. This will be implemented on Monday 19 October.
Read the full Executive Announcement
Those affected by these schemes may be eligible to claim a grant through the Localised Restrictions Support Scheme or the Covid Restrictions Business Support Scheme. The Job Support Scheme is available to help employers cover employees wages during these times.