The report identifies supporting a highly-skilled workforce, stimulating research and development, building a greener economy and promoting investment, trade and exports as the drivers to recovery.
It also identifies a number of actions the Department plans to take to stimulate growth. These include:
- the development of a flexible skills fund;
- widening access to apprenticeships by removing the age cap;
- developing proposals to implement a Northern Ireland artificial intelligence centre of excellence;
- delivering the High Street Stimulus Scheme;
- delivering a Tourism Voucher Scheme to stimulate demand;
- accelerating delivery of City and Growth Deals; and
- developing a green innovation challenge fund.