The SHINE Programme
The SHINE Programme is the Council’s principal business support and growth programme. The programme is continuing to deliver and provide mentoring support and specialist business advice to help businesses to navigate through the current COVID—19 crisis. The programme is open to companies with less than 50 employees located in the Ards and North Down Council area.
The SHINE Programme provides:
- Support the creation of new sustainable jobs
- Refer businesses to Invest NI
- Support businesses to become more competitive
- Promote business growth and innovation
- Provide accessible and need driven support
The Shine Programme provides tailored and specialist business support to micro and small enterprises to support the development of a more prosperous economy within the council area. This project is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth and Jobs Northern Ireland (2014-2020) Programme.
The SHINE Programme provides support in areas of;
- Business Management; tendering, strategic planning, management techniques,
- Marketing; Market Research, Marketing Planning, Effective PR, Sales Development,
- Finance; Cash Flow, projects, book keeping, cost reduction, cost/price analysis,
- R&D; New product development exporting, change management, product research,
- Online Marketing; website design, SEO, Social Media, email marketing, Google Adwords
- Operations; production management, process planning, quality accreditation, green management