Nutrition Related Labelling
The Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland means that European Union (EU) legislation relating to nutrition related labelling, composition, and standards (as detailed in Annex 2 to the Protocol) continues to be directly applicable in Northern Ireland after the end of the transition period.
Businesses should note, however, that under the Protocol, in Northern Ireland, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) is not able to submit:
- applications for new nutrition and health claims, to be added to the EU Register of nutrition and health claims made on foods
- scientific dossiers concerning the modification of:
- the Community Register on the addition of vitamins and minerals and of certain other substances to foods
- substances that can be added to FSG
- the Annex of Directive 2002/46/EC to the European Commission for consideration
Find more information on Nutrition Related Labelling, Composition and Standards on NI Business Info.